When it comes to an Azure Migration,
where Do I Start?
Fully understanding your environment and uncovering potential security risks to securely and efficiently migrate to Azure is the first step in our three step process!
Step 1: Azure Assessment & Roadmap
To fully understand your environment and optimise your IT infrastructure, Umbrellar recommends running an Azure Assessment and workshops* prior to migrating to Azure. It helps you determine if Azure is right for you.
* Funding is available for the assessment and workshops - terms and conditions apply
Step 2: Azure Pilot Migration
Based on the assessment and roadmap, Umbrellar migrates your applications and services to the Microsoft Azure platform. Our experienced Azure team will integrate your environment with Azure using VPN or ExpressRoute, and move your first workloads to Azure.
* Funding is available for pilot workloads being moved to Azure - terms and conditions apply
Step 3: Azure Deployment
Based on the assessment and roadmap, Umbrellar migrates* your final workloads to the Microsoft Azure platform
* co-funding is available for Azure deployment - terms and conditions apply
Step 1. Azure Assessment & Roadmap
Even if you aren’t considering moving your entire infrastructure to Azure, an assessment can ensure that you: 1) Understand all the dependencies within your current network; and 2) Uncover potential security risks, like shadow IT.
Benefits of Running an Azure Assessment
- Get a detailed inventory of all servers and virtual machines across your infrastructure
- Visually map all dependencies between servers and applications within your infrastructure
- Project running costs in Azure that match optimal usage and needs
- Assess current security risks by learning exactly how your network communicates with itself and if outside connections pose a security threat
- Determine migration readiness by identifying potential roadblocks
- Discover the less complex applications that might make sense to migrate immediately and help you reduce spending with a hybrid solution or complete cloud
- Determine the viability of modernising applications to use Azure native Software-As-A-Service (SaaS) and Platform-As-A-Service (PaaS) to reduce your infrastructure support requirements
Azure Assessment Process
- Learn about your business needs - including your existing infrastructure, operating systems, and any changes planned for your environment
- Run the assessment in your environment - to report on system identification, performance and programs information, and network bandwidth
- Report sizing and optimising in the Cloud (including Umbrellar’s cost optimisation expertise in Azure with compute, storage and licensing)
- Perform a financial analysis - to accurately project your total cost of ownership (TCO) in the Cloud
- Report data platform modernisation opportunities
- Report possible migration scenarios - so that you can make the most informed decisions regarding your infrastructure
Azure Assessment Services & Pricing
- Assessment tool configuration and deployment (agent or agent less depending on environment)
- Assessment tool summary data and report
- Recommendation Azure cloud migration strategy
* Funding is available, conditions apply, please contact us to discuss.
Step 2. Azure Pilot Migration
Upon completion of the Azure assessment, if you’d like to go ahead and migrate to Azure, Umbrellar will deploy Azure core services for you.
Our Azure Pilot offering includes
- The setup of the Azure tenancy
- Agreed migration of pilot workloads
- Building of any core IT infrastructure services to support the migrated workloads. Our offer also includes VPN** Networking integration and setup. If a customer prefers, a proof of concept workload can be part of this step.
** ExpressRoute implementation would incur additional costs
Benefits of Running an Azure Pilot/PoC Migration with Umbrellar
- Lower your TCO - With Azure’s flexible compute options, you pay as you go without a huge CapEx.
- Easily Scale your environment as your organisation grows
- Funding is available for your Azure Pilot migration (based on projected Azure consumption costs)
- Methodical, phased migration to Azure based on best practices and practical industry experience
- Discuss with Microsoft Azure Experts at Umbrellar, the deployment plan and next steps
Step 3. Azure Deployment
If the pilot/PoC has been a success and Azure is the right fit for your business, step 3 - Azure Deployment, initiates!
In this step Umbrellar
- Plan deployment and create a Statement of Work (SoW)
- Initiate deployment into Azure
- Complete deployment of in-scope workloads into Azure. Work completed in step 1 and 2 vastly reduce the overhead of effort required to initiate the Azure Deployment stage, so when you are ready, we are ready!
Benefits of Deploying on Azure with Umbrellar
- Methodical, phased migration to Azure based on best practices and practical industry experience to minimise downtime and risk
- Remove longstanding on-premises costs, such as VMware, colocation, or other clouds like AWS (where Microsoft products are much more expensive to run)
- Full documentation and knowledge transfer to clients
- 24/7/365 monitoring and administration team
- Umbrellar Microsoft Cloud Proactive Care*** support on your resources (managed service costs apply)
- Microsoft Cloud Proactive Care Basic is our monitoring only package for our customers that would like their service provider to monitor and attend to alerts but do not need any of the additional Managed Services offering
- Microsoft Cloud Proactive Care Essential is the entry level package for our customers that are interested in Microsoft Cloud Managed Services without the additional comprehensive services that the Advanced package offers.
- Microsoft Cloud Proactive Care Advanced provides a full Managed Service experience based on Microsoft’s Azure Managed Services Practice
*** Support tiers are available for resources that would have a critical, medium or low business impact in the event of an incident